Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Many Faces of Leah

It's funny how fast your little one grows up. It seems as though just yesterday we were lamenting how Leah hadn't started talking much. How we couldn't wait for her to hair start growing so people would stop asking how old our little boy was. And how we couldn't wait for her to start being more independent and learn to entertain herself.

Well we don't know when it happened but it did. Her vocabulary seems to grow daily and she's starting to put together sentences. Her hair has grown overnight and it's curly to boot. And she tries to read books to herself and often plays for quite awhile without us having to give her our undivided attention.

The best part about her growth of late is that she is funny. She has quite the sense of humor and goes to great lengths to entertain us and make us laugh. We have no idea where she gets it either because we all know Carissa isn't funny and Jason's humor is witty.

So here's a bunch of pictures of our little one showing her many sides:



Here she is biting the heads off her goldfish. She does it with vigor.



Leah is particularly demanding. Here she had to nap with her panda and care bear wrapped like a burrito just like she is.



This is time out in the naughty corner. It's a powerful tool and we can't even joke about it or threaten her with it without her burying her head with her hands and crying.




It's not the most sanitary place to lay on your back we're sure but Carissa keeps our house pretty tidy.




Jackie O?





Showing off her curly wings. Finally it's starting to come in. And in the first picture she's doing a pretty good impression of her cousin Mikaela.



Brushing her feet after brushing her teeth. It tickles.



When your parents are poor, things like door stops become fun toys.




If Jason were home this moment may have never occurred. Apparently French toast is best on your head.

And what's a blog about Leah without some of these moments caught on video? Here's a snippet of some of her best. Check her out trying to blowing kisses, breaking it down, brushing her feet, and then trying to count:








Finally, we love our daughter very much. She has been the source of pure joy many days. We're sure most of you are wishing that your child was as angelic as ours. We'd feel bad to be the cause of such jealousy, so to prove that our daughter sometimes does act out like a two year old we present this video:



8 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh my goodness, she has grown up so much even since the last time we saw you guys a couple of months ago. What a doll!

Nikki said...

Haha, I was laughing at the video of Leah throwing a fit! Priceless! I sure hope you continue to exploit your daughter's antics for our enjoyment! ;)

Emily Kikuchi said...

She is SO crazy adorable! Even in the last video! How can you ever be mad at a face like that!

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Okay, you guys are going to think I'm psycho now. :) But I was totally blogstalking from The Daily Bite and found you guys and I'm 99% sure that my husband Sam and I had a class with Jason like 4 1/2 years ago. It was with Jay Fox in the basement of the JKHB. Am I right, am I right?? :)

The Chong Ohana said...

You are totally blogstalking, but it's cool. Of course I remember you guys. I loved that class. What other class can you give a presentation on Field of Dreams or as Sam did, LOTR?

How are you guys doing? How do you know Sara and Eric? I was roommates with Sara's husband Eric for a few years. Small world. Keep up the blog, my wife and I love it.

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

It's true, I'm a blogstalker. But it's so fun.

We're doing great! We have a 3-year-old named Clark and a 9-month-old named Meredith. We're living in Louisiana and Sam's working as an engineer for Procter and Gamble, so every time you do your laundry, you can think of us! He says hi, by the way. We actually have a family blog, too--it's www.laterkater-teamawesome.blogspot.com.

Sara and Sam actually grew up in the same ward and Sara dated Sam's little brother Seth. So that's our story.

Anyway, hope you guys are doing well! It's always so fun to run into someone you know online!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Sing it with me...it's a small world aaafter all, It's a small world aaaafter all...haha. That's so crazy you guys know each other!

Anonymous said...

I have to say the tantrum video was my favorite... but the rest were pretty great too! Leah is still looking as cute as ever. We miss her very, very much and want her to move back to the lovely Pacific Northwest. It'd probably be pretty cool if you guys could come along too. Oh... or I guess you could just move to Boise now... I guess that'd be okay too. Heh heh... okay, well, thanks for the incessant (sp?) reminders to look at your blog and comment on your cute kid. Love you guys... hope to see you SOON!