Ahhh, Mother's Day. Growing up it seems as though I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting every Mother's Day. Looking back I feel sorry for the torture I put my mother through as she had to sit there smiling while I related one embarrassing tale after another. My mother was the template for which I wanted my own wife someday to be. She sat atop a pedestal so high that I grew afraid as I got older that no woman would ever supplant her position.
Then I met Carissa.
Carissa is everything and more than I could have ever hoped for in a wife and mother. Watching her raise our daughter Leah has been a great blessing. It has been a lesson in humility for me. She never seems to lose her composure even in the midst of Leah's outbursts.
Carissa has the patience of Job. She has to, she married me. And unfortunately I test it daily. But at the end of the day when I have pushed all of her buttons, instead of lashing back she just reminds me that as long as I try and make an effort she'll never give up on me.
Carissa is kind and sincere. There is no guile in her. She's quick to forgive and doesn't know what a grudge is. The perfect person for someone like me who offends more often than not.
Carissa works daily to improve herself and progress. She's an inspiration and makes me want to be the best that I can be. She's the closest thing to perfect I know. I know that it's only through her that I will ever fulfill my own potential.
No one can compare to my wife. I can't even begin to comprehend how I ever came to deserve someone as choice as she.
So to you my love, I express my gratitude for all that you do. I love you. Here's to many more years together filled with laughter and joy.
Eternally yours,
Jason

9 comments:
Now I know why you chose the car selling business......you are so full of it. You forget I raised her and I know better!!@!@!! LOL
Awe....that was the sweetest thing ever. What a cute wife you have.
Beautiful. I couldn't agree more with your description of Carissa. Thanks for loving her so much.
that is beautiful.
Tag…you’re it! Ok, I invented my own game of tag because I’m on a hunt for new running/work out songs. So I know “tag” is kind of stupid, but maybe this will be fun, so hopefully you’ll play along. SO go to my blog and see my “top 10” and then create your own on your blog.
Hey Chong! That is darling! I hope to have my husband say nice things about me someday! How have you been???
Hey Chong Family! We have a really great new post but we set our blog as private and I don't have your email. If you are interested send me your address at emilyginn AT yahoo DOT com.
That was the sweetest thing! Your mother definitely raised you right!
How precious! That picture is so cute.
Post a Comment