Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simple update

So we are due for a blog update but really haven't documented anything on camera as of late. So I just thought I would give short write up of how things have been going.

- Jason is in the process of trying to work out a job offer from BAE systems. We are really hoping this is the answer to our prayers. This would be an awesome opportunity for him and the benefits are awesome!

- Jason has also been doing all the cooking, and I am so grateful. I still have a desire to clean, but since I am not passionate about cooking anyway and I am so pregnant I have no desire to even eat sometimes, let alone make a meal for us. I am really appreciative of this!

- Him and Leah spend most of their time together "fighting" as Leah calls it. Where they wrestle and basically try to bug eachother until one gets mad for real. I just watch and listen.

- Jason signed Leah up for soccer!!! He was so excited! And she is pumped too. She is sad that the season doesn't start until April. He has been teaching her how to kick and stop the ball and she is doing so well. It will be fun to watch her run around chasing the ball come spring time.

- Leah is herself as usual. Demanding, a bit too whiny lately, but otherwise obedient and clean. She really is a good little girl.

- She is getting really excited about the new baby coming soon, and she has been very sweet about it lately. She likes to watch the graphic birth stories on TLC with me and thinks the babies that come out are "so cute." She refers to our expected little one as "my baby." She says if we have a boy after this one, that he can be moms, but this girl is her baby.

- Leah is also dying to go to school. We keep telling her at the end of the summer is when she can go to preschool, but everyday she brings it up. When we make her a sandwich, she asks us if she can make this kind of sandwich for school lunch . . . . and she loves looking at the backpacks when we go to WalMart or Target . . . . she is very ready.

- She is learning the United States from a puzzle we got her from Christmas, and she is getting really good at their names, placements, and what they are associated with. For example Colorado is snowy and where Daddy served his mission, Pennsylvania is where Philadelphia is (since she remembers going there last year) and where the Liberty Bell is as well. She is getting good fast.

- I must mention Leah is also anticipating her birthday on February 28th. She is turning 4! All she wants is a pillow pet. She sees them on the commercials and really wants the unicorn. I think she will get some shin guards and soccer shoes. I told her if she wants a pillow pet she will have to use her piggy bank money. She is diligently collecting spare change from around the house.

- I am big and have gained at least 15 more pounds than I wanted to. But I am grateful that I have had a healthy and normal pregnancy thus far. Since Leah was born 10 weeks early I have never had the experience of being this pregnant before and wow has it taken it's toll on my body. At this point (37 weeks along) I am tired a lot, have heart burn a lot, and my back hurts a lot.

- I am very ready to have this baby, and am really looking forward to having a tiny newborn again. Also, both of my parents are coming out to Virginia to hang out (mom in February, dad in March) I won't be able to do a lot while they are here but it will be great to see them!

We have a lot to look forward to in February! Sorry no new pictures, but here is the very first picture ever taken of our little family. We cherish it! Thanks Sis. Kiser!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that everything is going well with you. Maybe when the baby is a little bigger and the job thing is all ironed out you could visit us. It is your turn. We miss you!