Monday, January 26, 2009

I heart Jason

I never do these tags when I get tagged, but this one was to be about my husband. Given all of the wonderful things he has written about me on our blog, I wanted to answer these questions so everyone else could know how awesome he is too!

1. Where did you meet your husband?
We met in my hometown, McMinnville, OR. At the very same place we had our wedding reception - the Kiser Family residence, in their barn to be exact. We didn't really talk and Jason basically avoided me. As I left the Kiser house that night I told Beccy Kiser I had a crush on him. The next day I cam back over to see him and he still was too scared to talk to me.


2. How long did you date?
We dated on and off because of our circumstances, but we met the last weekend in September of 2006, and were engaged on May 20th of 2007 and married on August 18th 2007. So I guess we "dated" for about 10 or so months before we were married on August 18, 2007. The entire time we dated and were engaged we lived in two different states. Me in Oregon, Jason in Utah.


3. How long have you been married?
We have been married just over 17 months now.

Us on our fist anniversary going out to dinner.

4. What does he do that surprises you?
I really don't like surprises but Jason has managed some really good ones. He buys me flowers on all the appropriate holidays and even randomly when he feels like it. He surprises me all the time with treats and things I love. If he ever goes to the store by himself he always comes back with my favorite ice cream or Coke Classic (I am addicted) or my favorite candy, or even a movie he knows I want to see even if he isn't that excited about watching it.

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
My favorite feature of Jason's is his smile and his laugh. Jason has perfect teeth that I am very envious of and when he smiles it makes me feel so happy. Anyone that knows Jason, knows he has a very distinct and infectious laugh. When he is smiling and laughing it makes you want to smile and laugh right a long with him.


6. What is his best quality?
Jason's best quality is his intelligence. It is his willingness to learn and to grow with me. These things show me everyday how smart he is. He has a lot of knowledge about a lot of things. These smarts have made him a very successful student, a savvy career man, a strong priesthood holder, a patient husband, and an exceptional father. He is a quiet person who gathers information before forming an opinion or making a decision. And he has an incredible memory and a great ability to store information like no one I have ever met. If you have ever played Trivial Pursuit with him than you would know! But it is his unique and great intelligence that have really made him who he is. He is just really smart and what makes him even smarter is that he uses his intelligence to bless himself and everyone around him.


7. Does he have a nick-name for you?
I would say his nick-name for me would be 'babe'.

8. What is his favorite food?
Jason's favorite food would be rice (I am basing this off the fact that he could not live without it). Just plain white sticky short grain rice. On this rice he usually prefers pulled pork, brisket, kung pao chicken, spam and eggs, or chicken katsu.

9.What is his favorite sport?
Jason loves basketball, volleyball would be a close second. But he could not live without playing basketball. He wakes up early every Saturday morning, the only morning he can sleep in, to play basketball at the Church at 7:30 a.m. He is a lover of all sports (excluding soccer) and can regularly be found watching them on t.v.

10.When and where was your first kiss?
Our first kiss was on the first night he had flown into town for the weekend, a couple weeks after we had met originally. It was on McMinnville's most popular "old town" 3rd street at the bottom of the RJ Studios steps. It was perfect!



11.What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Our favorite THINGS to do are to eat out, sans children. Go to the movies. Rent a movie. Lay in bed and talk until 3 a.m. We like getting out of the house and doing anything together or as a family. Fairs, museums, landmarks, new restaurants, farmer's markets, picnics, etc . . .

This is Jason in Price, UT when we visited a local landmark stone wall with original indian writings.

12. Do you have children?
Yes, we have one girl named Leah and she is going to be 3 in a few weeks!


13.How old is he?
Jason is 29, which means he will be turning 30 very shortly . . . . . . and I will still be 25, ha! He is aging well. Most people think he is younger than his age. But I love all his new grey hair, I think it is hott!

This is Jason as a baby, SO cute!

14. Who said I love you first?
I honestly don't remember. But I know they were in succession of each other.

15. What is his favortie music?
Jason really likes a lot of styles of music but his favorites would be electronic/emo, punk, rock.

16.What do you admire most about him?
I admire his strength. Jason is one of very few people who can take on enormous challenges and be 100% successfull in accomplishing them. He is not scared of what life brings. He is consistent and determined to follow through with his word. I don't have to motivate him to try something or to complete something. He is strong enough to take care of tough issues and to be there for me when I am facing challenges as well. He takes on change like a champion!
I love you for that J!



17.What is his favorite color?
Green, just like me. We are meant to be.

18. Will he read this?
Yes.


I love my husband, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. We have a great marriage. Our biggest issue is that we want to be together every moment of every day! I am so grateful for the sacrifices he has made for me and for our family. He provides for us and wants to make our lives happier in every way and he is wonderful at it. He is the love of my life and an amazing blessing that I feel like I just don't deserve. I love you Jason!


7 comments:

The H Factor said...

That whole rice comment...that wasn't an Asian jab, was it?


Yeah, I'm jealous of the old man's teeth too.

Hope you kids are well :)

The Dipo's said...

Ahhhhhh.... how sweet. Jason, you need to bring her home a Coke Classic and some Chocolate now. She'll reward you later *wink* *wink* :o)

Brandon and Stacie said...

So cute!! I miss ya'll. Hope your doing well!

Krystal said...

You two are SO CUTE! Dont let anyone tell you that the fun cute "newlywed" stuff goes away... it doesnt if you dont let it. keep up the late night talks and surprises. :D cute blog!

Brandon and Rachel said...

You guys are so cute! I can't believe how big Leah has gotten. She's darling. Thank goodness for those Kiser barns . . .

Molly said...

Wow, I did one of those on MySpace. Mine was not near as sweet and thought out as yours was.

Chris Coburn said...

Are you sure that Jason enjoys those late night talks?