Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Oregon Trail

So we went across this great country, far from our eastern home, to Oregon. We trekked back to our roots for a whole 3 weeks! Since we didn't get to visit for the holidays, we planned a trip for around Leah's 3rd birthday. Unfortunately, Jason had to stay here in Virginia and keep working. (Though we are very thankful for his hard work and employment in these troubled times) We made our way a few thousand miles west to chill with the fam and reconnect with friends.





Leah had A LOT of fun with her Aunties and Uncles, particularly Nikki and Garner who she constantly pestered for attention. And of course she couldn't help but put the usual smile on Grandpa's face!



While visiting Oregon one of the things I HAD to do was go to the Oregon Zoo! It is absolutely my favorite zoo (of course) and is a wonderful place and memory from my childhood. Here we are on our way there in the back of the car.





Mommies and their babies.






These are the animals that were MUST-SEES for Leah (Garner not included), so I wanted to make sure and include these pictures. Although she wouldn't smile for the camera, she really was enjoying this, I promise!




And I just think this picture is totally hilarious! I can't believe I caught this monkey kissing his flexed arm! Too funny!






We visited the Cooper family over at the Kiser house and had a Ton of fun. Leah was very entertained by Ryan and Riley. I was able to snap a couple good pics of all 3 of tehm and then there is all of us just being silly. Kristen is 9 months pregnant here! I am very excited for her new little girl to come!



And here is Leah with Madison and Chloe going ot the mall. I don't know how I forgot to get a picture with JR and Nikki, but I did! I am so sorry guys, I love you!



This is a four generation picture. All the mommies and their daughters. I am really glad to have this picture. I dont' have too many with my mom and my daughter and even fewer with my mom's mommy. It was awesome to catch up with her and snoop through her old pictures. Thanks Grandma!



Leah and Uncle Brock at Leah's 3rd Birthday party (again, she is now out of the posing for pictures phase, so sad)






And finally, during our trip Leah turned 3. We had her favorite kind of cake (yellow with chocolate frosting) and she opened lots of gifts from her generous friends and relatives. She had a great time and didn't even cry when we sang Happy Birthday. She was even a pro at blowing out the candles.



A night after we returned home to Virginia, Jason's parents had gotten Leah a little birthday cake of her very own, and we got to sing and she got to blow out candles once more. What a treat!

Our whole trip was really great. A special thanks to my parents for letting us crash with them and for always making room for us. A special thanks to my mom and Dale for always buying our favorite treats and foods that Leah loves. A special thanks to the Egan's, Kiser's and Root's for always letting us come and eat at their houses. Really our visit to Oregon was a great time for us to have fun and relax with loved ones. I miss my family so much and they are so far away but this trip was a good time to catch up and share time with friends and family we don't get to see too often. It was a blast!









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It is always so fun to hang out with family! I also love the zoo but have never been to a really good one. Micah tells me that that one is the best too. Luvs to your family.

The Dipo's said...

How fun!! By the way, you should leave Leah's hair down more often. :o) It looks like it's coming in thick!! :o) Gosh Dang we miss you guys!!!

Brandon and Stacie said...

It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I can't believe Leah is 3! She is SO CUTE! Great pictures!

Krystal said...

cute pictures! looks like a fun trip!!

The Klock Family said...

The girls have been talking about Leah non-stop since you left, and imitating her hilarious coughing! Haha!