Jason and I started on a workout/nutrition program, or really a workout/nutrition commitment on March 30. I can't call it dieting because we still eat whatever we want 99% of the time. And after the first 4 to 6 weeks we started branching off on our workouts so I don't know if it is really a program either. But whatever it is technically called, we are LOSING it! Weight that is, and body fat, and irresponsible eating habits. And we are GAINING better self control over our nutrition, much better muscle tone, much flatter stomachs, and greater self image. We have managed this by using fitday.com A website that is a free diet and weight loss journal. It does all the calculations for you. If you put in a goal, it helps you make it there. Fitday lets you know how many calories you CAN eat and even adds in what your workouts are burning. It has been a great blessing in our lives.
We don't have pictures to share. Though Jason has been taking progress photos (but he would kill me if I posted them). But we have both lost a significant amount of weight. At this point I have lost 17 pounds and he has lost 37 pounds. Jason has a bit more to lose than me (sorry babe ;) no offense, he he) and he is on the right track. He has no pants that fit him anymore! Or belts! He has completely turned his diet around and completely changed his body forever. I know he will make it to his goal. Sometimes I am jealous because his weight comes off in bigger amounts and much faster AND he gets to eat more calories than me, but honestly I am just happy for him that he has seen such great results already. And I think it really has been a lifestyle change for both of us. He has made this transformation by religiously completing both of the Biggest Loser DVD workout programs, and by getting on the elliptical and stationary bike. He has worked very hard. And hasn't missed a day since we started (except our rest day, which is Sunday, when we all go for a walk as a family and let ourselves take a break from the vigorous exercise). He has been totally committed to this, including the changes in our diets. And it has been a huge inspiration to me given the fact that I have found out I am way more tempted by sweet treats than I ever thought I was. He has been grounded and smart with food, and it has helped me immensely.
I really don't have much more weight I could lose and still be healthy and healthy looking. I am comfortably wearing a size 6 jeans and fit into a size 4 dress! I am a few pounds away from my goal, but at this point my mind has turned from losing weight to running. That's right, running. I have hated running all my life, ESPECIALLY outside. The treadmill was my friend. But since we don't have one and can't afford gym memberships, I decided to start running outside. In the second week of April I started running in our neighborhood (which is a rather large subdivision). At first even a mile seemed horrible, but now I am successfully running 12 to 16 miles a week, and it is no problem at all! I have no desire to increase my mileage at this point (though my cardio fitness has improved so much I know I could). I am content keeping my shins and knees happy just by getting used to running at all. After all, I just started 2 months ago! About 3 or 4 times a week I run for about 4 miles. And I have become addicted! For now this is enough just trying to fit it in with my schedule AND Leah's schedule, but I am looking forward to increasing my mileage eventually. The hot and humid weather here doesn't help. So I also have been supplementing my workouts with circuit training (we are lucky enough to enjoy mom and dad's awesome home gym) and stationary biking. Losing 17 pounds was hard, since I wasn't a big person to begin with, but I am so glad I am getting healthier as well. At this point I am starting practice maintaining my weight and not being so strict with food. Wish me luck!
Maybe after Rainy's wedding (June 27th) I will post some pictures of us and you can see if our changes and our work has made a difference. But I am nervous that without "before" pictures you might not be able to tell! So for now you have the full update on our weight loss and our lifestyle change. It has really improved our lives and we hope to keep these good habits we've started with us forever. But for now, we are just really darn proud of ourselves for committing to making some big changes and being successful. Both of us have seen great results and feel healthier and happier, and that is what matters most!
8 comments:
sweet! thats a HUGE accomplishment. it takes me a year to lose 15 after having a baby. i hate running. best to both of you!
This is awesome! I am so glad you would share this. Keep up the great work. I truly believe that taking care of ourselves physically we open ourselves up more spiritually as well because we aren't as worried about our physical appearance. Nice job! (I'll stick with walking)
Congratulations you guys!! I can't wait to see the results in a few weeks!! I'm so at the point in our pregnancy that I want my body back bad!! I was working hard before we got prego to get it back and then I got prego... it's been my only "bad note" during this pregnancy. Thanks for listing the site that has helped you, I am going to do that when the baby comes! You two are so great!!
Good for you guys! That's awesome! And good job on the running. I've been trying to teach myself to run for a while now but it's just not happening. You are an excellent example for me!
That is soooo cool! Good for you guys! We recently joined a gym too. I haven't lost quite as much weight as I'd like, but I feel so much better these days!
That is great! I am so proud of you guys. You are an inspiration to really stick with it. I think you inspired Micah when we were there because ever since then he has been working out and watching his diet more and has lost some weight too. We miss you so much!
okay, um, i kinda hate you right now. because i want to like running. and i always use the excuse that i have to watch the kids and can't go exercise when i want. i can't wait to see pictures!!! great job! both of you!
I am so proud of you guys! I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment