This was the first year I haven't voted in an election since I turned 18. Having recently relocated from Utah I failed to register in Virginia or procure a mail-in ballot. That said I felt a great sense of apathy towards both candidates given their resumes and the challenges currently facing our country. Regardless, I pray that God directs and inspires our president-elect to help our great nation.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Obama from Times Square
While working in New York City last week I was present for the election of President Obama. My firm has an apartment in Times Square where I stay at when in the city. At about 11pm EST when they announced that Obama had won the election and McCain had conceded I ran up to the roof to snap some pictures. CNN and a number of other media outlets had set up shop in Times Square and the place was a zoo as if it were New Year's Eve. Cars honked all through the night. People were cheering and clapping and chanting "Obama" all night. Needless to say I was not happy as I had to be up at 5:30am to make my way over to the eastside. But it was neat to be there for such a historic event.
This was the first year I haven't voted in an election since I turned 18. Having recently relocated from Utah I failed to register in Virginia or procure a mail-in ballot. That said I felt a great sense of apathy towards both candidates given their resumes and the challenges currently facing our country. Regardless, I pray that God directs and inspires our president-elect to help our great nation.
This was the first year I haven't voted in an election since I turned 18. Having recently relocated from Utah I failed to register in Virginia or procure a mail-in ballot. That said I felt a great sense of apathy towards both candidates given their resumes and the challenges currently facing our country. Regardless, I pray that God directs and inspires our president-elect to help our great nation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That would get pretty annoying after awhile, I agree with ya! It looks so pretty there at night. ;o)
Post a Comment