
This is Leah. I don't know if she'll ever be the star of her country's national team. Heck I don't know if she'll even play again next season. But what I do know is that she is pretty dang cute in her soccer outfit:
We decided to sign Leah up for soccer. This was a grand experiment for us. Leah wanted to play and I took her to sign ups and then she could hardly wait until the season started. For her birthday we got her all the requisite equipment: socks, shin guards, shorts, cleats, and soccer balls. Let me tell you finding sizes that fit our tiny Leah was a chore.
The league was a pretty casual tot development league and didn't have any competitive games. The coaches would do drills and exercises with the kids for the first 30 minutes and then spend the rest of the time in an entertaining game. This usually resulted in several kids crying, illegal tackles, own goals, a few kids picking dandelions, but mostly kids running around in a herd. Leah did well for the most part until someone took the ball from her. We joked that since she struggles so much with sharing she should be tenacious out there. This was not the case. But by the end of the season she did better and even though she'd get frustrated she kept at it. I was extremely proud of her for this.
The league was a pretty casual tot development league and didn't have any competitive games. The coaches would do drills and exercises with the kids for the first 30 minutes and then spend the rest of the time in an entertaining game. This usually resulted in several kids crying, illegal tackles, own goals, a few kids picking dandelions, but mostly kids running around in a herd. Leah did well for the most part until someone took the ball from her. We joked that since she struggles so much with sharing she should be tenacious out there. This was not the case. But by the end of the season she did better and even though she'd get frustrated she kept at it. I was extremely proud of her for this.
This was one of the days where she just wasn't having any of it. I love this picture.
Team Black of Spotsylvania Parks and Rec Tot Development League. Go team!
3 comments:
What a cutie......I love all the pics. So when are you posting more?
She is darling. That is how I feel when I play organized sports too. Or unorganized for that matter. Miss you guys. Hope all is well there.
She looks so gangsta in the first couple pics, it cracks me up. It's like she's telling the rest of the team how it is.
Post a Comment